Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pips (Broomball, work, pestilence and heat)

Well it's two days after my 1st broomball game (not counting the two scrimages) and I'm recovering nice The compitition has increased noticably now that preseason is over. I'm going to invest in those shin pads I didn't think I needed. My only major injury, a sore knee from plowing into the boards, is hardly even worthy of the term battle wound. The evenings of pratice with my new stick paid off nicely, I was much more comfortable on the ice, and made a nice play to set up the first goal of the game. Still running out of gas as the game goes on, so I'll be resuming jumping rope starting tonight. That certainly has helped.

Work continues to be frustrating, mostly because I just have far too many interesting things to do. Now that Amanda is working I don't have the freedom to work extra hours during the week, I can't go in early and I can't stay very late if I want to get any sleep, so I'm tied to about 11 hours max. Just not enough time! Unfortunately the supervision of the line is what seems to hit the back burner, not the projects, so the line has continued to falter. Not that I'm convinced my complete attention would make a difference. Either way I need to find a better way. I'm trying to leverage my team leaders better, but I haven't quite got the system working yet.

Alex seems have almost completely recovered from his ear infection, he's up to his usual shenanigans. I on the other hand have been oozing phlegm since yesterday. I got about 2 hours of sleep last night before Alex was ready to be on the prowl.

Our furnace is making some sort of terrible noise when it first turns on; I believe the bearings on the fan are shot, or there's something in there. I haven't had the chance to tear it apart yet. The last thing we need right now is a two thousand dollar bill for a new furnace.


No comments: